The recommended way to replace an API key password is to phase it out. If a password is phased out, it is valid for some time in parallel with the new password. This gives ample time to change the password in relevant application settings.
- Place your mouse pointer over your username displayed in the top right corner of the page.
The account menu options are displayed.
- Click the API Settings menu option.
The API Settings page is opened.
- Click the ⋮ icon in the last column for the Active Password row.
The action menu is opened.
- Select the Phase-out Password menu option.
- Note down the new password that is presented in the displayed window.
The new password is active and you can now use it in your applications. The old password will be valid for a configured number of days (configured by the administrator). After the configured number of days, the old password will automatically expire and will no longer work.